How can yoga classes benefit your sex life?
The independent benefit of yoga — both in and out of the bedroom — is reducing stress. Studies suggest that even yoga practice helps reduce stress levels in the body by decreasing hydrocortisone levels. Increased tension can have many negative effects on the torso, and decreased sexual desire is one of them. yoga may besides help improve overall sexual function. One study watched 40 women as they practiced yoga for 12 weeks. After the cogitation ended, researchers concluded that the women had a significant improvement in their sex lives thanks to yoga. This is a modest sample size and merely one analyze, but the connection between yoga and a better arouse life is promising. “ Yoga teaches you how to listen to your soundbox, and how to control your mind, ” says Lauren Zoeller, a certified yoga teacher and Whole Living Life Coach based in Nashville, Tennessee. “ These two practices combined can bring you insight on what you like and dislike, leading you to better communicate what is best to your collaborator. ” Another room Zoeller says yoga can boost your arouse biography ? Increasing awareness and body manipulate. “ A regular yoga practice brings you into the awareness of the present consequence which is very crucial when looking to boost your sexual activity life. The more portray you can become with your spouse, the better the experience will be for both of you, ” Zoeller explains. “ sex and yoga both benefit your physical, mental and aroused country. Learn to drill them regularly for access to feeling your absolute best ! ”
Yoga poses to improve your sex life
If you want to boost your sex animation, try using some of these poses in your regular yoga rehearse .
1. Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) and Cow Pose (Bitilasana)
much performed together, these poses help you loosen up the spur and loosen. This helps lower your overall stress levels and makes it easier to get into the temper. active Body. creative Mind .
- Start this pose on all fours. Make sure your wrists are underneath your shoulders and your knees are in line with your hips. Keep your spine neutral and your weight balanced evenly across your body.
- Inhale as you look up and let your stomach curve toward the floor. Lift your eyes, chin, and chest up as you stretch.
- Exhale, tucking your chin into your chest, and draw your navel toward your spine. Round your spine toward the ceiling.
- Move slowly between the two for 1 minute.
2. Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
This pose helps strengthen your pelvic floor. Strengthening these muscles helps reduce annoyance during sex and can even make the good stuff, well, better.
active Body. creative Mind .
- Lie on your back.
- Bend both knees and position your feet hip-width apart with your knees in line with your ankles.
- Put your arms flat on the floor with your palms against the ground and spread your fingers.
- Lift your pelvic region off the ground, allowing your torso to follow, but keep your shoulders and head on the floor.
- Hold the pose for 5 seconds.
3. Happy Baby (Ananda Balasana)
A democratic relaxation model, this model stretches your glutes and lower back. Plus, it doubles as a variation of missionary side. To try it in bed, start in missionary position with your partner on top, and then extend your legs and wrap them around your partner ’ mho torso. active Body. creative Mind .
- Lie on your back.
- With an exhale, bend your knees up toward your stomach.
- Inhale and reach up to grab the outside of your feet, and then widen your knees. You can also use a belt or towel looped over your foot to make it easier.
- Flex your feet, pushing your heels upward as you pull down with your hands to stretch.
4. One-Legged Pigeon (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana)
There are many variations of Pigeon, and all of them are bang-up for stretching and opening up your hips. Tight hips can make sex uncomfortable, and they can besides keep you from trying different sexual positions. active Body. creative Mind .
- Start on the floor on all floors.
- Pick up your right leg and move it in front of your body so your lower leg is at a 90-degree angle from your body.
- Stretch your left leg out behind you on the floor with the top of your foot facing down and your toes pointing back.
- Exhale as you lean forward, shifting your body weight. Use your arms to support your weight. If this is uncomfortable, try folding up a blanket or a pillow and putting it under your right hip to keep your hips level as you stretch.
- Release and repeat on the other side.
5. Child’s Pose (Balasana)
This pose is a fantastic way to open your hips and find deep relaxation without needing to be crazy flexible. It ’ s besides a ground pose, meaning your focus should be on resting and breathing throughout the perplex, which can help any stress and anxiety melt away. active Body. creative Mind .
- Start by kneeling on the floor. With your big toes touching, widen your knees until they’re around hip-width apart.
- Exhale and lean forward. Place your hands in front of you and stretch out, allowing your upper body to relax between your legs. Try to touch your forehead to the mat, but you can also rest your head on a block or pillow.
- Relax in this position for 30 seconds to a few minutes.
6. Corpse Pose (Savasana)
yoga classes normally end in Corpse Pose, or Savasana, and there ’ s decidedly a good reason. This present helps you relax and learn to let go of stress. intend of it as a mini meditation seance at the end of your yoga practice that supercharges your relaxation and feel-good efforts. active Body. creative Mind .
- Lay on your back with your feet spread and palms facing up. Relax every part of your body from your face to your fingers and toes.
- Stay in this pose for as long as you want.
The bottom line
While some yoga poses can immediately improve your sex life, the biggest change is constantly going to be in reducing your tension. not only does this provide a hale host of benefits, it allows you to relax and enjoy sex, which makes it even better.
Read more: 21 Actually Mind-Blowing Anal Sex Positions