Why is being active important for me?
We ’ ra often told that being active is good for us. But if you have a lung condition, you might wonder if it ’ south right for you. In fact, being active can actually help to improve both your emit and your mental wellbeing. On this page we ’ ll explore the genial and physical benefits of being active for people with lung conditions .
You might be skittish about becoming active, particularly if you haven ’ thymine been active for a while. But evening a little physical natural process is better than none at all. And you may feel more in manipulate because you ’ re doing something positive for yourself .
“ Before I was diagnosed I didn ’ metric ton exert as such, but once I realised the benefits that forcible bodily process can have on my condition, my mentality completely changed. Through bodily process I have learnt to live with my condition. ” Hazel
On this page :
What if I get breathless?
The fear of getting out of breath may put you off doing any bodily process that makes you more breathless. But in fact, making yourself breathless through exercise international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine harmful .
When it comes to improving your breathe, many people find that being active agent is more effective than inhale drugs .
You need hard muscles and a strong heart to use oxygen efficiently. If you increase your fitness and strengthen your muscles, you ’ ll beget less breathless doing everyday activities like going patronize, doing housework or climbing the step. You may even re-discover activities you thought you could no long do .
Find out more about how being active agent will affect your rest. There are lots of useful breathing techniques for you to try .
How can I benefit from being active?
Being active has both physical and mental benefits. It improves your fitness, makes you stronger and helps you manage health conditions and stay out of hospital. physical action helps you take back control, be more freelancer and can help you live well for longer .
Being active has lots of physical benefits :
- improves the strength of your breathing muscles, heart and circulation. This helps you use oxygen more efficiently, so you don’t get so breathless
- better muscle strength in every part of your body
- improves bone strength
- helps you resist infections
- helps you maintain a healthy weight
- improves flexibility and joint mobility
- higher energy levels
- better sleep
- lower stress levels and blood pressure
- lower risk of falling (by improving your balance)
- reduces your risk of developing other health problems such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, osteoarthritis, dementia and some cancers
Mental and psychological benefits
We much think that exercise just benefits your soundbox, but it besides has many benefits for your mind :
- raises your confidence and self-esteem
- helps your brain work better, so you can learn and remember more
- helps you cope better with the feeling of being out of breath
- reduces anxiety and depression
- creates new social opportunities, so you can get out of the house and meet people
- makes you feel happier
“ I feel good in my body and mind… drill has saved my biography ! ” Roy
adjacent : How will being active involve my breathe ? >
Read more: Gastritis – Symptoms and causes
Did you find this information useful?
We use your comments to improve our information. We can not reply to comments left on this form. If you have health concerns or need clinical advice, call our helpline on 03000 030 555 between 9am and 5pm on a weekday or email them .