Proper nutrition helps you fight the coronavirus. Eating goodly :
- Helps you fight all diseases more effectively – not just COVID-19
- Won’t magically prevent or cure COVID-19
- Improves your mood and energy level
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Can’t substitute for social distancing or wearing a mask around others
- Can be a lifestyle, rather than a strict diet or counting calories
Every short bit of goodly feed helps your body fight disease more efficaciously. Read on to find out why some foods help your body contend invaders and others don ’ t .
Inflammation: a cry for help
Eating foods that reduce ignition ( “ anti-inflammatory ” foods ) helps your immune system.
When invaders arrive, your body sends out an SOS signal to alert your immune system with excitement. Inflammation is a cry for help oneself, a announcement of war to sound the alarm clock against invaders .
- Helps your body kill invaders
- Protects you from infection
- Looks and feels like redness, swelling, heat and pain
The consistency regulates ignition through the immune system. Your immune organization can sound the dismay ( cause ignition ) even without invaders around. This overreaction can be harmful .
“ short term localized excitement is beneficial for self-healing, ” says Amie Hollard, MD. “ durable ignition can increase your risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer and fleshiness. ”
excessively much ignition limits your body ‘s ability to fight invaders like the coronavirus. Try these foods to reduce inflammation and help your immune system.
Foods that help your immune system
- Try new veggies and fruits. Specific veggies and fruits that reduce inflammation are apples, berries, tomatoes, celery and onions.
- Add fermented foods. Fermented foods have “good bacteria,” a.k.a. probiotics that help your immune system. Eating more fermented foods also reduces gas, bloating and diarrhea. Sauerkraut, yogurt and kombucha are all great sources of these mighty microbes.
- Drink more water. Water helps your body naturally remove toxins and also carries oxygen to your entire body. You don’t have to drink eight glasses of water a day to notice a difference in your health. A little extra hydration every day helps a lot.
- Get some omega-3s. Salmon, walnuts and chia seeds have omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation. These omega-3s are also perfect for construction. When creating new defenders, your body uses omega-3s as essential “building blocks” in cell walls.
Foods to avoid to feel your best
- Limit processed foods. Salty, processed foods can limit your body’s ability to fight infectious diseases effectively. No need to cut out everything unhealthy or start a strict diet. Try scaling back just a little – replace chips with carrots for a crunchy snack.
- Minimize sugar. Sugar is okay in moderation, but too much sugar may weaken your immune system.
- Decrease high-fat foods. Your gut doesn’t like a lot of red meats or fatty foods. The mighty microbes in your gut prefer leafy greens, fiber and other nutrient-dense foods that are easier to break down.
Can supplements prevent COVID-19?
No one food, alimentary or supplement can prevent coronavirus infection, but eating goodly helps your body fight disease. It ’ south all about remainder. Supplements ( like vitamins and minerals ) can be helpful, but only if you ’ re not getting adequate of those nutrients regularly .
Supplements can actually be bad for you if you take besides much at one clock. Everything is best in temperance. If you have underlying or chronic health conditions, check with your primary care supplier before taking them .
Want to see your primary caution supplier from home ? Get worry anywhere with newfangled telehealth options
How food affects health
The foods you eat help your immune arrangement. inflammation is a natural alert to fight invaders. But, if it goes on besides long, it can hurt you and your ability to fight disease effectively.
Foods to help you reduce inflammation include :
- Apples, berries, tomatoes, celery and onions (veggies and fruits)
- Yogurt, sauerkraut and kombucha (probiotics)
- Salmon, walnuts and chia seeds (omega-3 fatty acids)
No matter your determine or size, your body is beautiful. It ’ randomness approve if you ’ ve been eating more quilt food than usual. See if there are ways to mix these invader-fighting foods into your life style. A great first dance step would be adding a few new foods to your shop number .
Each week, we ’ rhenium focusing on one of the three pillars to improve your overall health and support your immune system .
- Sleep was the first pillar of health
- Food is our second pillar of health for a strong immune system
- Exercise is the third pillar of health in helping your body fight disease