What causes flatulence?
turgidity is very common. We all accumulate natural gas in our digestive system. Most people pass flatulence about 10 times a day. If you pass wind more frequently than this on a regular footing, you could have excessive flatulence, which has a number of causes .
It ’ sulfur natural to swallow air throughout the day, normally during corrode and drinking. typically, you ’ ll alone swallow a small sum of air out. If you frequently swallow more publicize, you may find that you experience excessive turgidity. It may besides cause belch. Reasons that you may swallow more breeze than normal include :
- chewing gum
- sucking on objects such as pen tops
- drinking carbonated drinks
- eating too quickly
Your dietary choices could lead to excessive flatulence. Some foods that increase gasoline include :
- foods high in fructose or sorbitol, such as fruit juices
These foods can take a long time to digest, leading to the unpleasant smell associated with turgidity. besides, some foods the body can ’ t in full absorb. This means that they pass from the intestines to the colon without being wholly digested first. The colon contains a large sum of bacteria that then break down the food, releasing gases as they do therefore. The buildup of this gas causes flatulence.
What are treatment options and home remedies for flatulence?
There are a count of ways to treat flatulence, depending on the lawsuit of the problem. To treat turgidity at home, try the following :
- Look at your diet. If it contains a large amount of carbohydrates that are difficult to digest, try to replace them. Carbohydrates that are easier to digest, such as potatoes, rice, and bananas, are good substitutes.
- Keep a food diary. This will help you to identify any triggers. After you identify some foods that cause you excessive flatulence, you can learn to avoid them or to eat less of them.
- Eat less more. Try to eat around five to six small meals a day instead of three larger ones to help your digestive process.
- Chew properly. Avoid doing anything that may increase the amount of air that you swallow. This includes making sure that you’re chewing your food properly, and avoiding chewing gum or smoking.
- Exercise. Some people find that exercising helps to promote digestion and can prevent flatulence.
- Try over-the-counter medications. These include charcoal tablets that absorb gas through the digestive system, antacids, and dietary supplements such as alpha-galactosidase (Beano). It’s important to note that these medications will only temporarily provide relief.
When to see your doctor for flatulence
If you have unexplained turgidity, or if you experience the follow symptoms along with flatulence, you should see your doctor :
- swollen abdomen
- abdominal pain
- gas that’s persistent and severe
- unintentional weight loss
- blood in stool
Your repair will discuss your symptoms with you, including when the problem started, and if there are any apparent triggers. They ’ ll besides do a physical examen. A blood quiz may be necessary to ensure that your soundbox international relations and security network ’ t fighting an infection, to identify any possible food intolerances, and to make sure there international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine another checkup condition causing your flatulence. Your doctor will likely advise you to follow the steps above, including keeping a food diary and changing your eating habits. Depending on the causal agent, you may besides benefit from seeing a dietician. In summation, you may receive medicine for a specific condition. If your doctor of the church has been able to identify an underlie circumstance, you ’ ll receive treatment for that. You may besides have to undergo further tests to get a conclusive diagnosis for your excessive flatulence.
Some foods that are less probably to cause gas include :
- meat, poultry, and fish
- vegetables such as lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, and okra
- fruits such as cantaloupe, grapes, berries, cherries, avocado, and olives
- carbohydrates such as gluten-free bread, rice bread, and rice
As we all react to certain foods differently, sometimes a diet change is needed to prevent turgidity.
Long-term outlook of flatulence
There are no long-run consequences for not treating turgidity. If the flatulence is due to a food intolerance or digestive topic, the trouble may get worse. other symptoms may besides develop. In some cases, prolonged excessive flatulence can lead to other issues, such as social discomfort and changes in eating habits. If it affects your life style a draw, it may besides affect your climate. It ’ s crucial to maintain a healthy diet and to see your doctor if the problem begins to negatively affect your biography .