In this article, we ’ ll dive deeply into what we presently know about COVID-19 and high blood pressure. We ’ ll take a look at whether you should continue taking your blood press medications and what to do if you become ill.
What should you do if you test positive for COVID-19?
If you have eminent blood atmospheric pressure and test positive for COVID-19, take the surveil five steps :
Read more: Gastritis – Symptoms and causes
- Self-isolate. Stay home. Only leave to seek medical care. If there are others in your household, try to use a separate bedroom and bathroom. Wear a face covering if you must be around others.
- Call your doctor. Get in touch with your doctor for a consultation. Many doctors are offering telehealth appointments in lieu of in-person appointments during the pandemic.
- Get guidance. Let your doctor know about your positive test result and any symptoms you’re experiencing. They’ll advise you on your blood pressure medications and how to take care of yourself while you recover.
- Care for yourself. Follow all of your doctor’s instructions as you recover. In addition to taking your medications, it’s important to continue to follow their guidance for things like diet and exercise as well.
- Monitor symptoms. Keep track of your symptoms. Don’t hesitate to seek emergency treatment if they begin to get worse.
What to do for mild COVID-19
There ’ s presently no specific treatment for COVID-19. But for meek cases, there are some things you can do to help with your recovery :
- Get plenty of rest to aid your body in fighting the infection.
- Be sure to drink fluids to prevent dehydration.
- Take over-the-counter (OTC) medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol) to help ease symptoms like fever and any aches and pains.
Remember that these tips are merely for cases of balmy COVID-19 that can be treated at home plate. If you have worsening symptoms, try emergency wish .
It ’ s improbable that high blood atmospheric pressure itself increases your risk for getting COVID-19.
however, it may raise your gamble for serious illness if you do contract the virus and become ill. This is peculiarly the case if you aren ’ thyroxine managing your circumstance through blood press medications. It ’ s recommended that people with high blood pressure continue taking common rake pressure medications like ACE inhibitors and ARBs during the pandemic. This is supported by research indicate that these drugs don ’ triiodothyronine addition COVID-19 risk. If you do become ill with COVID-19, isolate yourself and contact your doctor. Follow their guidance on how to care for yourself. Don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate hesitate to seek emergency concern if you develop symptoms like perturb breathe or breast trouble .