I want to be healthy for me & my baby
How can I gain more weight ?
How Much Weight Should I Gain?
You should gain system of weights gradually during your pregnancy, with more of the weight gained in the last 3 months. many health care providers suggest women gain weight at the follow rate :
- 1 to 4 pounds total during the first 3 months ( first trimester)
- 2 to 4 pounds per month during the 4th to 9th months (second and third trimesters)
The total amount of weight to gain during pregnancy depends on how a lot you weighed when you became meaning. spill with your health manage provider and WIC dietician to find out what amount is justly for you.
Reading: How Can I Gain More Weight? – WIC
|Pre-pregnancy Body Mass Index (BMI)||BMI (kg/m2)||Total Weight Gain|
|Normal Weight||18.5-24.9||25-35 pounds|
Did you know? Women fraught with multiples need to gain more weight to help support the growth of multiple babies. Normal weight women should gain 37-54 pounds, corpulence, 31-50 pounds and corpulent, 25-42 pounds during pregnancy .
Where Does All That Weight Go?
|Larger breasts (preparing to breastfeed)||2 pounds|
|Larger uterus||2 pounds|
|Amniotic fluid||2 pounds|
|Increased blood volume||3-4 pounds|
|Increased fluid volume||3-4 pounds|
|Fat stores||6-8 pounds|
Risks of Gaining Too Little Weight
Women who gain besides short weight during pregnancy are more likely to have…
- Babies born early (premature )
- Babies born too small (small for age)
- Babies with delayed development
- Babies with heart or lung problems
What Can I Do To Gain More Weight?
If you ’ ve gained less weight than recommended, lecture with your health worry provider or WIC dietician. nausea can make you feel less athirst and affect your weight gain. Along with a healthy diet, taking a prenatal vitamin can help you to get the right sum of nutrients to help support your pregnancy.
To cope with nausea
- Get up slowly when you wake up; keep some crackers by the bed
- Eat small amounts of bland, low-fat foods every 1-2 hours
- Focus on foods that appeal to you and avoid smells that make you sick
- Drink liquids, but take small sips
- Take prenatal vitamins with meals, change brands, cut in 1⁄2 or take at night
- Open the window to let fresh air in and stale air out
To increase calories
- Eat small, frequent meals
- Focus on high-calorie, nutrient rich foods
- Whole grains, granola
- Starchy vegetables and dried fruit
- Protein foods (beef, chicken, pork, eggs, beans, nuts)
- Whole milk, yogurt, cheese
- Eat more at times of day when you feel the hungriest
- Add healthy fats to your food (canola or olive oil, peanut butter, cheese, tub margarine)
- Make a protein shake when you’re not hungry for a meal
- Mix powdered milk into foods
Why Should I Exercise During Pregnancy?
Staying active voice during pregnancy can help to lessen your nausea and have a goodly pregnancy and pitch. exercise is safe for most pregnant women. Talk to your health care provider to find out what type of physical bodily process is condom for you .
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
- Lessens nausea
- Helps with constipation, backaches
- Improves sleep
- Gives you more energy
- Improves mood
Did You Know? Women who exercise during pregnancy may have shorter labors and easier deliveries .
Guidelines for Exercise in Pregnancy
- Avoid contact sports, activities that increase your risk of falling and jerky, bouncing movements.
- Don’t exercise on your back after the 1st trimester
- Avoid working out in very hot weather
- Exercise at least 30 minutes on all or most days of the week (150 minutes total per week)
- Warm up and cool down
- Take frequent breaks and drink plenty of fluids
- Never exercise to the point of exhaustion
Stop exercise and call your health care provider if you experience faintheartedness, concern, pain, shed blood or have trouble walk .