Although anal sexual activity is a relatively common sexual natural process, it is crucial that people are aware of the best practices for anal sex and how to reduce the risk of contagion.
however, the best room to prevent infection is to use a condom. This article discusses how to clean the anus before and after sex and how to prevent infection.
How to clean the anus
share on PinterestSonja Lekovic/Stocksy Some people may choose to clean their anus in the shower immediately before anal sex. They may besides consider wiping the rectum with wet wipes to ensure there is no stray faecal count. A high-fiber diet can help keep stool firm and regular. This helps keep the anus clean and reduces the risk of an run into with dope during anal sex.
In most instances, this should be all that a person needs to do .
however, some people may besides consider anal douche. This involves tuck water into the rectum and anus to clean them, which can help anal arouse feel more comfortable. not everyone agrees that douching is a well estimate because it can damage the line of the rectum, cause intestine campaign issues, and increase infection risk.
Although douche does reduce the gamble of encountering feces and the bacteria it harbors during sexual activity, it does not reduce the risk of getting a sexually transmitted infection STI. It is besides essential to use the correct liquid, such as saline solution solution, although it is oklahoma to use rap water for douching from time to time. Always use halfhearted water, as hot water can besides cause damage .
Some people may prefer an enema. This besides cleans the rectum and empties the bowels but involves inserting liquid into the large intestine. typically, doctors prescribe enema for specific checkup conditions. however, home enema kits are available. Always follow the instructions cautiously. Do not add any solutions to the kit or violence more water into the rectum than recommended. Use halfhearted tap water or a saline solution that comes with the enema kit. A 2014 article besides highlights the concern that an enema may increase the risk of infection. however, it besides recommends the development of a non-damaging enema for use in anal sex .
Importance of cleaning the anus
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC ), anal sex presents the highest gamble of compress and transmitting HIV and AIDS if either collaborator has HIV, and they do not use a condom.
The centripetal person might be at risk because the rectum ’ s line is very thinly, which means HIV can enter. The insertive partner may besides be at hazard because HIV can enter the body through the urethra or cuts or scrapes on the penis.
Always use a condom when practicing anal sex. Anal sex without a condom may besides spread other infections, such as Escherichia coli ( E. coli ), salmonella, and giardiasis. Cleaning up before and after anal sex will not prevent the dispersed of sexually transmitted infections ( STIs ). It may, however, reduce exposure to dangerous bacteria and some parasites. Feeling clean before anal sex can besides help all parties relax and enjoy the feel.
Cleaning the penetrating object
Cleaning the penis will not prevent the spread of infections. however, cleaning arouse toys and early penetrative objects can reduce the risk of spreading sealed bacteria. While some sex educators indicate that cleaning sex toys might slow the spread of infection when a person uses the same arouse toys with multiple partners, some research undermines this claim. A 2014 cogitation followed women with vaginal human papillomavirus HPV who used a sexual activity toy and cleaned it. The results showed that in some instances, HPV was hush portray on the vibrator 24 hours later.
This suggests that arouse toys can carry bacteria and spread infections. The most significant gamble may be when a person uses the same sex toy dog with different people during the same sexual activity seance or within a short circuit clock frame. Cleaning sex toys may remove some bacteria. It can besides rinse off lubricant and bodily fluids. The correct cleaning scheme depends on the character of sexual activity toy :
- Glass and stainless-steel toys: Clean with soap and water.
- Hard plastic: Wipe with antibacterial wipes or wash with antibacterial soap.
- Silicone: Boil for 5–10 minutes or wash in the dishwasher. Antibacterial soap or wipes can also clean silicone.
- Electrical toys: Unplug the toy, and clean according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure not to submerge the cord or any electrical parts in water. Allow the toy to dry thoroughly before using it again.
- Porous material toys: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. People can use soap and water on some materials, such as leather and nylon, whereas a person should only use water for vinyl products.
Be surely to wash all parts, including fabric attachments. For example, wash a fabric strap-on harness in the laundry machine if the label indicates it is safe to do so. clean each dally after manipulation and invalidate storing dirty toys, since this encourages the emergence of bacteria. It is safe to use condoms on many sexual activity toys, reducing the necessitate to clean them and lowering the risk of spreading infections .
Cleaning the bed and other locations
Anal arouse is not normally very messy. Lube and bodily fluids may wet the sheets. Some people notice small traces of faecal count. If a person has a intestine movement accident or notices large quantities of feces during anal arouse, this may signal a health offspring. To reduce mess, try putting down an old towel or sheet. To clean up subsequently, remove any sheets or blankets. Pre-treat stains, then wash immediately.
What to include in a cleaning kit
People who enjoy anal sexual activity can assemble a simple kit out to ensure they are always ready. Try putting the follow in a pocket :
- old sheet or towel that is easy to clean
- water wipes for wiping down hands and surfaces
- antibacterial wipes for cleaning sex toys
- an enema or anal douche kit
Best practices for anal sex
Anal arouse is safe for most people. It is a myth that frequent anal sex will damage the bowels or intestines. a long as partners use lubricant and do not force anything into the anus, the risk of injury is very low. To enjoy anal sexual activity :
- Take PrEP beforehand if one or more parties are HIV-positive or do not know their status.
- Use a condom to reduce the risk of transmitting infections.
- Always use a lubricant. The anus does not make its own lubricant. Dryness increases the risk of pain and tears, so use as much as necessary.
- Work up to anal sex. Some people become more comfortable by beginning with fingers and toys, then graduating to accepting penetration with larger objects.
- Practice open communication and ensure all parties enthusiastically consent to anal sex.
- Go slowly. Sometimes a person needs time to adjust to the sensations of anal sex. Moving slowly allows the muscles to relax.
- Breathe deeply and bear down as if having a bowel movement to help relax the muscles.
Anal sex presents a higher risk of contagion than other sexual activity acts but is safe if all parties are timid, choose STD test, and use condoms.
Read more: Weird Sex Positions You Need To Try
While it is not necessary to clean the anus before anal sex, doing indeed may make all parties feel more comfortable and facilitate more satisfactory sexual activity. People who experience pain or other issues during anal sex should discuss this with a doctor, who may be able to identify the beginning of the problem .