Dosage and strength
Each tablet contains 20mg or 40mg of pantoprazole. You can buy pantoprazole 20mg tablets from pharmacies. These are suitable for the short-run treatment of heartburn and acerb ebb in adults.
The usual venereal disease to treat :
- heartburn and acid reflux is 20mg a day
- gastro-oesophageal reflux disease is 20mg to 40mg a day
- stomach ulcers is 20mg to 40mg a day
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is 40mg to 80mg a day – this can increase to 160mg a day depending on how well it works for you
Doses are normally lower for people with liver problems .
How to take it
It ‘s best to take pantoprazole an hour before a meal. Swallow tablets whole with a swallow of water .
Changes to your dose
sometimes your doctor of the church will increase your dose of pantoprazole if it ‘s not working well enough. Depending on the reason you take pantoprazole, you may take a higher dose to begin with, normally for a calendar month or 2. After this, your doctor of the church may recommend that you take a lower dose .
How long to take it for
If you buy pantoprazole from a drugstore, you can normally take it for up to 2 weeks.
Read more: Gastritis – Symptoms and causes
After 2 weeks :
- if your symptoms have improved, you can take it for another 2 weeks
- if your symptoms have not improved or they are worse, speak to a doctor before taking any more pantoprazole
Do not take pantoprazole for more than 4 weeks without speaking to your doctor first. If your symptoms have not improved, you may need some tests to find out what ‘s causing them. If you take pantoprazole on prescription, you may only need to take it for a few weeks or months, depending on your circumstance. sometimes your repair may advise you to take it for longer, even for many years. Some people do not need to take pantoprazole every day and take it merely when they have symptoms. Once you feel beneficial ( often after a few days or weeks ), you can stop taking it. Taking pantoprazole barely on days when you have symptoms is not suitable for everyone. Speak to your doctor about what ‘s best for you .
If you forget to take it
If you normally take pantoprazole :
Read more: ED
- once a day – take the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless your next dose is due in less than 12 hours in which case skip the missed dose and take the next one at the usual time
- twice a day – take the missed dose as soon as you remember, unless your next dose is due in less than 4 hours in which case skip the missed dose and take the next one at the usual time
never take a double venereal disease to make up for a forget one. If you much forget doses, it may help to set an alarm to remind you. You could besides ask your pharmacist for advice on other ways to remember to take your medicine .
If you take too much
It is identical unlikely that taking extra doses of pantoprazole will cause any problems. But if you ‘re refer, contact your sophisticate .