MyPlate Is a Symbol for Healthy Eating
MyPlate is the model for healthy eat in the United States. Experts at the United States Department of Agriculture ( USDA ), the means in load of nutrition, created the colored plate to help people remember to :
- Eat a variety of healthy foods.
- Eat less of some foods and more of others.
The plate features four sections — vegetables, fruits, grains, and protein — plus a english order of dairy in blue .
The big message is that fruits and vegetables take up half the plate, grains and protein take up about one-fourth of the plate .
The separate denture besides helps keep dowry sizes in check. Super-big portionscan cause weight addition.
What’s a Grain Again?
You know what fruits and vegetables are. But here ‘s a admonisher about what ‘s included in the three other food groups : protein, grains, and dairy :
Read more: MyPlate – Wikipedia
- Protein: Beef; poultry; fish; eggs; nuts and seeds; and beans and peas like black beans, split peas, lentils, and even tofu and veggie burgers. Protein builds and maintains the tissues in your body.
- Grains: Bread, cereal, rice, tortillas, and pasta. At least half of the grains you eat should be whole-grains, such as whole-wheat bread, oatmeal, and brown rice Whole grains have more fiber and help you feel full.
- Dairy: Milk, yogurt, cheese, and fortified soy milk. With MyPlate, the dairy circle could be a cup of milk, but you also can get your dairy servings from yogurt or cheese. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy most of the time.
The plate can be used for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That may make you wonder : Do I truly have to eat vegetables with breakfast ? The suffice is no, but target to eat a variety of food groups at each meal. And if your breakfast does n’t include a vegetable, consider a vegetable at nosh time or more vegetables at dinner .
The denture besides shows how to balance your food groups. There ‘s a reason the protein section is smaller : You do n’t need equally much from that group. Eating more fruits and vegetables will help you eat fewer calories overall, which helps you keep a healthy weight. Eating fruits and veggies besides gives you lots of vitamins and minerals .
To learn more about MyPlate, visit ChooseMyPlate.gov .