The aforesaid phrase from an Ayurvedic textbook captures the many benefits of using a body massage oil daily. Before resort hotel became popular, the art of massaging self with oil, besides known as Abhyanga, was practiced extensively by people .
evening today, soundbox massage is considered a potent curative technique in Ayurveda. A adept oil massage releases the accrued stress and toxins from the body, leaving you feeling energized and rejuvenated .
Do you suffer from problems like consistency aches, fatigue, anxiety, articulation pain, or flakiness of clamber ? If yes, then a complete torso massage with a suitable Ayurvedic body massage oil will be beneficial for you. Think of an oil massage as a way of oiling the locomotive of your body. The more frequently you do it, the better your body functions .
If you ’ re distillery wondering how a wide body massage will help you, have a front at some of the long-familiar benefits associated with this traditional Ayurvedic ritual .
- Increases circulation and aids joint health
- Eliminates body impurities
- Calms nerves and promotes deeper, better sleep
- Softens and smoothes the skin which reduces the effects of aging
- Increases mental alertness and the levels of stamina
- Tones muscles and nourishes the tissues
An Ayurveda Message – Abhyanga
Abhyanga is a unique body massage technique rooted in Ayurveda. It might be fascinating for you to know that ‘ Abhyanga ’ is derived from Sanskrit root news ‘ Sneha ’ which means beloved, which gives an insight into the significance of this proficiency .
The daily practice of Abhyanga is meant to provide your body and hide with the amour propre and nutriment that it deserves. Unlike early body massage techniques, the concentrate here remains on the peel rather of going trench into the muscles. The pressure remains light and assuasive .
There are many benefits to this drill. It releases brawn tension, promotes lymphatic drain, and leaves a polish skin from head to toe. essential oils are often used during Abhyanga to enhance the overall know of the Ayurveda massage .
Another feature of Abhyanga is that it is a form of self-massage. You don ’ t need to be a massage therapist to give yourself this massage. You can simply massage a desirable Ayurvedic oil gently into your skin, by yourself .
now the question is, which torso massage oil will give you the best benefits and the most please overall experience ? Let ’ s try on to answer this for you .
Which Body Massage Oil Is The Best For You?
good massage vegetable oil will not only untangle the knots, muscles, and tissues in your body but besides relax your body by melting away all of your stress. It will help your hands glide smoothly and easily over the skin without causing any pique or rash .
just picking any random massage oil will not do the caper efficaciously and is not going to give the right liberalization effect. All types of oils are not suitable for body massage. indeed, it is better to know the differences between the versatile Ayurveda massage oils and choose the one that ’ south good suited to your needs .
here are some of the best body massage oils recommended by Ayurveda .
1. Sweet Almond Oil Massage For A Deeply Nourished Skin
Is your bark is excessively dry and has Vata dosha ? then, it ’ south recommended to use a nutrify oil like constituent Sweet Almond oil. It is pale yellow colored with a meek and fresh aroma. It is a piece greasy but is not a arduous oil, so it is absorb cursorily into the skin ( which besides makes it suitable for balancing Kapha dosha ) .
Almond petroleum nourishes the skin and makes it bright. It normally does not irritate the skin and is suitable for all skin types. In fact, it ’ s then balmy and easy on the skin that it can be used to massage babies as well .
Benefits of using Sweet Almond Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- It hydrates your skin and has anti-inflammatory properties. It gives relief from itching and rashes especially in conditions like dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Almond oil always keeps you protected from skin damage caused by exposure to UV radiation. It also prevents tanning and sun damage.
- It relaxes your muscles and has mild pain-relieving properties.
besides read – 10 amaze Benefits of Almond Oil for hair’s-breadth, body, and skin
2. Coconut Oil Massage For A Youthful Glowing Skin
Do you worry about your skin aging prematurely ascribable to environmental pollution and try ? then, a regular soundbox massage with coconut oil will help you .
organic Coconut vegetable oil is rich in Vitamin E which considered skin ’ s best friend for bringing out young and healthy skin. not only this, but coconut vegetable oil is besides loaded with antioxidants that prevent the bark from wrinkling and sagging .
Benefits of using Coconut Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Coconut oil will get absorbed in the skin if you let it stay on for some time without turning rancid.
- It is also full of saturated fats that prevent drying and keep your skin moisturized. It is a stable oil that doesn’t let moisture escape from your skin.
- The main benefit of coconut oil is that they help in treating mild to moderate levels of xerosis.
- It also keeps skin healthy and prevents signs of aging as it is very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants.
- You can add any essential oil to it is a good carrier oil.
besides read – Why is pure Coconut Oil sol well for your hair and clamber ?
3. Castor Oil Massage For Pain Relief
Castor petroleum is known for treating arthritis. It is an ideal massage anoint for relieving joint pain, heart excitement, and huffy muscles as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. To relieve pain, merely massage the joint with castor anoint and a position a hot water system pocket. It doesn ’ t absorb promptly and gives you an ample total of meter to massage it into the atrocious joints .
Benefits of using Castor Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Castor oil helps in increasing immunity, boosts circulation, and gets rid of moles and cysts.
- Castor oil also treats dry, irritated, sunburnt and acne-prone skin.
- If your skin has minor wounds or bruises, castor oil will not irritate it during the massage and rather heal it due to its antibacterial properties.
- Castor oil massage increases lymphocytes in the body which helps in strengthening the body’s immune system
4. Sesame Oil Massage For Detoxing And Repairing The Skin
sesame oil is the most popular massage oil in Ayurveda. Charaka Samhita, one of the most popular Ayurvedic text, lists the many benefits of sesame vegetable oil as a massage oil and claims it to be the best of all oils. For this reason, most of the Ayurvedic skin treatments use sesame vegetable oil as the base anoint. It has knock-down antioxidants that fight skin damage by unblock radicals and repair the skin from the damage caused by the sun .
Benefits of using Sesame Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Sesame oil helps reduce skin damage caused by UV exposure, it treats tanning, fine lines, sunspots and all the marks that are caused by sun damage.
- Sesame oil is also used to relieve inflammatory pain in the joints.
- In Ayurveda, Sesame oil is used in Abhyanga which is a powerful massage technique that involves warming the oil and then mixing it with herbs before massaging it on your body. One such skin treatment is Jwalini Retexturising Skin Treatment Oil which works as an excellent after-sun remedy for sunburn, tanned or hyper-pigmentation when used as a body massage oil.
Jwalini is a classical Ayurvedic treatment for the font and body that re-texturizes dry, annoyed, and sun-damaged bark. An all-natural formulation of Ayurvedic herb in Sesame anoint and Coconut anoint, it is an excellent after-sun rectify for tan, tanned, or hyper-pigmentation .
Simply take an appropriate come in your palms and perform a pacify oil massage to let the torso massage oil get wholly absorbed into the skin. Leave on for 30 minutes and wash off with a mild cleansing agent .
5. Olive Oil For Relief From Muscle Spasms And Swelling
olive oil is broadly used for lighter massages. It is widely used in massages that involve repetitive movements as it gets absorbed into the skin at much slower rates. This massage petroleum provides relief from ignition, swelling, aches, and muscle spasms. It has been used for thousands of years by Mediterranean cultures for its health and smasher benefits .
Benefits of using Olive Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Olive oil is an excellent way to treat dry skin as it has a moisturizing effect on our skin. When massaged in the right way, it helps in repairing skin damage by reducing oxidative stress.
- Ayurvedic practitioners prescribe olive oil for relieving spasms, aches, sprains, swelling and muscle pain.
- It helps in improving blood circulation throughout your body which in turn, improves your energy levels as the cells receive more nutrients and oxygen.
- Olive oil massage also protects the body from the UV rays and harmful effects of pollution.
6. Sunflower Oil Massage For Skin Softening
This fall and flimsy oil is not only used for cook, but is besides well as a massage oil. Sunflower anoint turns rancid promptly, so it is better to buy it in humble quantities and store in a cool and dry place. To improve its ledge liveliness, you can try squeezing one or two vitamin einsteinium capsules into it .
Benefits of using Sunflower Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Sunflower oil is a perfect oil for enhancing the texture of your skin as it contains linoleic and oleic acids in higher percentages than in olive oil. It also improves skin’s moisture levels.
- It clears all the toxins in your skin, keeps it moisturized and prevents the signs of aging. Sunflower oil also improves the barrier repair function of our skin.
- The essential fatty acids in the oil will boost cell regeneration and rejuvenate our skin and leaves a glowing and radiant skin.
7. Jojoba Oil For As A Carrier Oil For Body Massage
Read more: Weird Sex Positions You Need To Try
Jojoba anoint is actually not an vegetable oil, it is a type of wax that is extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant. It is similar to Shea Butter, but unlike it in the sense that jojoba petroleum is not greasy and will not stain your sheets .
Its antibacterial properties help in treating binding acne and which is why it is largely used for back massage. Jojoba oil needs reapplication as our skin tends to absorb it cursorily. It ’ mho normally used as a carrier vegetable oil and in combination with other herbal and essential oils .
Benefits of using Jojoba Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Jojoba oil repair skin that is damaged by eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, acne, and acute dermatitis. It takes good care of our skin as it is rich in wax ester.
- Jojoba oil gets mixed with herbs and essential oils easily and therefore it is an excellent choice for aromatherapy massage. This is the most preferred massage oil in spas as it does not irritate the skin.
besides read – 10 Benefits of Using Jojoba Oil For Face and Skin
8. Neem Oil Massage For Treating Dry, Scaly or Acne-prone Skin
Neem oil can not be used directly on the hide for body massage as it is quite potent. But when used with other carrier oil such as Almond anoint or Olive, it helps in treating acne. If you ’ ve acne on your consistency, then you will benefit from adding a few drops of Neem oil to your massage vegetable oil .
Neem oil is besides deep in Vitamin E which helps prevent free radicals from harming your skin. It treats acne, fungal infections, warts, or moles. The undiluted neem oil can be used to spot treat feign areas but remember to dilute it with a carrier petroleum for massage .
Benefits of using Neem Oil for Ayurveda massage:
- Neem oil helps soothing skin ailments such as inflammation, itchiness, redness, etc. It reduces feverish body temperature and eliminates joint and muscle pain that are caused by rheumatic disorders.
- It treats dry skin and fights the appearance of wrinkles. The antibacterial properties of neem oils treat acne, fades scans and fights off foot fungus.
- Neem oil helps in stimulating collagen production and improve elasticity. This helps your skin stay as your age.
besides read – top Benefits of Neem Oil for Hair and Skin
6 Essential Oils To Use With The Body Massage Oils
Did you know that Aromatherapy, the skill of using all-important oils from plants to treat ailments, is one of the oldest natural remedies ?
Each anoint in Ayurveda has a alone aroma that yields its special mend properties .
Some essential oils help in wound mend, some help us sleep better, some strengthen our exemption while some make us more excite. Simply adding a few drops of essential oil to your massage oil can do wonders .
Based on your Ayurvedic doshas and your health issues, you can choose an essential petroleum that works well for you. You can add a few drops of necessity anoint in a carrier anoint of your choice to enhance your have of the oil massage .
Let us look at 6 best essential oils that will make your body massage a memorable experience .
1. Lavender Essential Oil for Mental Relaxation
Every neglect of lavender petroleum will walk you through a ocean of purple and bewitched lavender flowers. It has alone steady and relaxing qualities. This vegetable oil is obtained from Lavandula Angustifolia which helps in soothing peel pique, inflammation, inflammation, swelling, and besides the after-effects of hair removal techniques like waxing or threading .
Lavender Essential oil helps in soaking away stress and corrects wakefulness. It besides helps in relieving fatigue and anxiety .
You can use Lavender oil along with the mailman massage oils like Coconut, Almond, and Sesame oils. You just need to add 2 to 3 drops and blend it with a spoon full moon of the carrier oil to get the perfect Ayurvedic oil for your restful massage .
2. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil for treating chronic fatigue
Ylang Ylang petroleum coming from Ylang Ylang tree will surely make you fall in love with its flowery aroma that gives you a sense of inner peace, confidence, and relaxation. Ylang Ylang oil prevents the signs of aging and irritation .
It has an immediate and positive consequence on our mood by releasing veto emotions such as wrath, jealousy, low self-esteem, etc. It besides fights with insomnia and chronic fatigue duty .
Ylang Ylang oil is used along with the Coconut, Almond, and Sesame aircraft carrier oils. Add one or two drops of the necessity oil and blend it well with the carrier vegetable oil of your choice .
Pro tip – If you are looking for the best massage oil to relax your senses, the Ayurvedic Madhuvanti Calming Oil is perfect for you. With calming Geranium, uplifting Ylang-Ylang, and grounding Lavender essential oils combined in a skin-nourishing base of Jojoba, Sesame, and sunflower vegetable oil, it soothes the torso and mind .
Check out our complete range of body massage oils here .
3. Lime Essential Oil for Boosting Immunity
Lime Essential oil is cold-pressed and extracted from bracing slices of calcium hydroxide. It has freshen and energizing ingredients that boost immunity and dispels anxiety-related symptoms. It besides naturally cleanses the body due to its limonene message and promotes emotional counterweight and well being .
For clamber, hair and torso, add one or two drops of lemon anoint in a teaspoon full of carriers oils like Coconut, Almond, and Sesame oils and blend it well. lemon anoint can besides be added to bathwater to purify and uplift the urine .
4. Sweet Basil Essential Oil for Respiratory Issues
Since time immemorial, Ocimum Basilicum besides known as Sweet Basil is always considered as a natural bring around and immunity build ingredient. When massaged profoundly into the peel, Sweet Basil Oil fights acne and rejuvenates dull-looking skin. It relieves chest of drawers congestion by fighting bacteria and besides calms mental affray. It treats respiratory issues, mental fatigue, migraines, and black bile .
Sweet Basil Essential petroleum smells like naturally sweet, warm, piquant herbals. Blend one to two drops of it with a teaspoon of Coconut or Almond or Sesame carrier vegetable oil .
5. Rose Essential Oil for Hormonal Balance
rise Oil will never fail to lure you with its smell. It is sourced from the Rosa Damascena establish and contains the flower ’ s aromatic compounds that treat anxiety, low, headaches, menopausal symptoms, menstrual cramps, migraines etc. Rose Oil besides relieves stress and improves rest quality .
It contains antioxidants and antimicrobial properties that improve complexion and boost skin health. It besides nourishes the skin deeply and promotes more youthful and aglow skin. The oil ’ s potent antioxidant and immunity-boosting effects slow down the pace of skin damage from UV exposure and contamination .
6. Orange Essential Oil For Fighting Aging
Orange essential petroleum is best known for its energizing aroma that can uplift your judgment and body. It promotes the production of collagen which helps in fighting with the signs of aging like wrinkles and blue spots .
Orange Essential Oil is a pale yellow-orange mobile liquid that smells sweet, bracing and fruity. You precisely need to add one or two drops of it to a spoon full of any carrier anoint and blend it well to use it as a body massage anoint .
A dear body massage can provide your body precisely what it needs. There are so many body massage oils and each of them have their own singular properties. All you need to do is identify the one that is perfective for you .
This guide educated you about the respective body massage oils and their benefits. But, if you are inactive confused, there ‘s good newsworthiness for you – all of these oils are beneficial in their own ways and do not cause any side effects .
indeed, the best manner to find out which body massage vegetable oil works best for you is to pick up one and actually try out a complete body vegetable oil massage with it. You can either massage yourself or get person to do it for you to get a docile, relaxing know .
- The uses and properties of Almond oil – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20129403
- Effect of pre-treatment of almond oil on ultraviolet B-induced cutaneous photoaging in mice – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17348990
- A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15724344
- Olive oil-induced reduction of oxidative damage and inflammation promotes wound healing of pressure ulcers in mice – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27091748
- Effect of olive and sunflower seed oil on the adult skin barrier: implications for neonatal skincare – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22995032
- Traditional massage of newborns in Nepal: implications for trials of improved practice – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15677372
- Effect of light pressure stroking massage with sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) oil on alleviating acute traumatic limb pain: A triple-blind controlled trial in the emergency department – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28619303
- Potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263051/
- Clay jojoba oil facial mask for lesioned skin and mild acne–results of a prospective, observational pilot study – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22585103
- Chemical characteristics of toilet soap prepared from neem (Azadirachta indica A. Juss) seed oil – http://www.imedpub.com/articles/chemical-characteristics-of-toilet-soap-prepared-from-neemazadirachta-indica-a-juss-seed-oil.pdf
- Topical application of neem leaves prevents wrinkles formation in UVB-exposed hairless mice- https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1011134416303323