Reading: Durex vs. Trojan: Pros and Cons
How Condoms Work
When used correctly, male condoms are 98 percentage effective and female condoms are 95 percentage effective at preventing pregnancy, reports Planned Parenthood. With more typical use, these numbers drop slightly to 82 percentage and 79 percentage respectively. many other give birth restraint methods trust on artificial hormones to prevent pregnancy. In line, condoms provide a physical barrier that blocks sperm from entering the vagina. Most condoms are made from latex or plastic materials that fluids can ’ thymine pass through. Condoms can besides guard against some skin-to-skin contact. As a solution, they provide authentic protection against many types of STIs. male condoms are typically made of latex paint, polyisoprene, or polyurethane. They cover the penis for protection during oral, vaginal, and anal sex. On average, each condom merely costs about $ 1. There are many options available, in terms of :
- lubrication level
Female condoms are typically made of polyurethane or nitrile. They fit inside the vagina or anus for protection during oral, vaginal, or anal arouse. They ’ re a morsel more expensive than male condoms, ranging in price from $ 2 to $ 4 each. There are far fewer options available beyond the basic sheath. Some people choose condoms made from natural materials, such as lambskin, due to a sensitivity or allergy to latex. natural materials aren ’ thymine as effective at blocking STI transmission because they ’ re more porous than latex. This means the material contains bantam holes through which fluids can pass. If you have a latex paint allergy, talk with your doctor about your options. When it comes to choosing a particular brand and type of condom, it ’ south pretty much up to you and your preferences. No one type of condom is necessarily better than another. Both Durex and Trojan offer a wide diverseness of safe and effective condoms that are reliable and well-tested .
Founded as the London Rubber Company in 1915, Durex has over 90 years of know construct condoms. today, Durex offers an array of condoms, lubricants, and vibrators. Durex was the first condom manufacturer to develop and use electronic testing on their products. International standards require condoms to withstand up to 18 liters of air in electronic screen. Durex condoms can handle a whack 40 liters of air without being compromised. Compared to other brands, Durex has a relatively small image of products. merely seven types of condoms are listed on its web site. here are some of their more democratic options :
- Avanti Bare RealFeel condoms are ultra-thin, non-latex condoms that simulate skin-on-skin contact. They’re made from high-tech polyisoprene, which is a great option for people with latex allergies who want better STI protection than they might get from natural materials.
- Invisible Ultra Thin condoms are the thinnest condoms available in the Durex line. Durex claims these maximize sensation while providing security and protection.
- Intense Sensation Studded condoms have hundreds of studs. This latex condom is designed to enhance pleasure. It also features a reservoir tip for added protection.
Trojan offers about 30 different varieties of condoms, along with an array of vibrators and water-based lubricants. Like Durex, it ’ sulfur been around for about 90 years. With so many types of condoms in the Trojan product line, it can be hard to choose precisely one. The Trojan web site offers an easy-to-use cock to help you choose a product with the right mix of features for you. You can type in your preferences for fit, material, and lubricant, a well as any specific design. here are some democratic options :
- Supra Bareskin condoms are lauded as America’s “thinnest non-latex condoms.” Supra condoms are made from medical-grade polyurethane. Their thin material helps transfer more body heat during sex while remaining strong enough to provide protection.
- Groove condoms are a new condom in Trojan’s line has been designed to provide lubrication that lasts up to two times longer than a standard lubricated condom. The secret is in its patent-pending ribbed texture, which keeps lubricant in place so it won’t rub off during sex.
- Unlike Durex, Trojan provides a wide array of condoms for larger penises. Magnum condoms are available with lubricants, pleasure-enhancing textures, and other fun features.
Read more: Weird Sex Positions You Need To Try
How to Use Male Condoms
When used correctly, condoms provide hearty protection against pregnancy and STIs. It ’ randomness worth taking the clock and attention needed to use them properly. This can help you avoid slips, spills, pluck, and other mishaps. To use male condoms :
- Open the package carefully. Don’t use your teeth, which can tear the condom.
- Pinch the tip of the condom with your fingers when you put it on. This will help leave room for semen.
- Place the condom on top of the erect penis. Then, use your other hand to unroll it down the penis shaft slowly.
- Consider using a water-based lubricant with your condom. This can protect against too much friction.
- After ejaculation, remove the condom. Hold the base of the condom while you take it off to avoid spills.
Condoms shouldn ’ t be reused. When you ’ ve finished using one, throw it in the drivel right aside. Don ’ thyroxine hot flash it down the toilet.
What If the Condom Breaks?
even with extra worry, your condom may break during or after sex. Try your best to stay steady if this happens .
You can find over-the-counter emergency contraception, such as plan B One-Step, at many drug stores. Emergency contraception stops the release of an egg from the ovary, a procedure known as ovulation. It may prevent sperm from fertilizing an already-released egg. It may besides prevent implantation of a fertilize egg into the uterus. According to the manufacturer of Plan B One-Step, the pill can prevent pregnancy in seven out of eight cases when taken within 72 hours of your parentage control failure. Women may experience some side effects after taking hand brake contraception, such as :
- an early or late period
- a heavier or lighter flow during your period
- breast tenderness
Emergency contraception international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine intended for use as a regular parturition restraint option. It ’ s besides important to know that it doesn ’ metric ton protect against STIs .
If you think you may have come in contact with person who is STI-positive, take these steps to protect your health :
- When possible, ask your partner about their sexual history and if they have any history of STIs.
- Visit your doctor to get an STI test as soon as possible.
- Monitor yourself for any symptoms of a possible STI.
park STIs and symptoms include :
- If you have syphilis, you may notice small, usually painless, sores around your genitals. You may also develop a rash, fever, swollen lymph nodes, and fatigue.
- If you have chlamydia, you may experience painful urination, abdominal pain, and unusual discharge from your genitals. Women with chlamydia may notice spotting between periods. Men may develop testicular pain.
- If you have gonorrhea, you may notice unusual discharge, a burning sensation when urinating, pain with bowel movements, and anal itching.
- If you have genital herpes, you may develop small bumps, blisters, pain, or itching in or around your genital area.
Contact your doctor today if you have any of these symptoms. It ’ second authoritative to know that many STIs can be asymptomatic, specially in their early stages. This means you may not know you have an STI for some time. even if you don ’ t have symptoms, it ’ s possible to pass an STI along to other intimate partners. It ’ sulfur best to practice safe sex and consider holding off on sex until you know that you and your partner are STI-free. many STIs can be treated.
proper usage is more important than brand when it comes to getting the best possible auspices from latex and plastic condoms. To avoid snags and tears, never use your teeth to open a condom wrapping. Use a new condom whenever you have sex. Follow the box directions to put it on. beyond that, have fun experimenting with different types of condoms to see which kind works best for you and your collaborator.
Read more: 21 Actually Mind-Blowing Anal Sex Positions
Condoms entirely supply effective protective covering against STIs and pregnancy. Using a second form of parentage control along with condoms can lower your gamble of accidental pregnancy even more. If you ’ re looking for an extra method acting of birth control, you and your partner might consider using hormonal parentage control pills, an intrauterine device ( IUD ), or other options. Your doctor can provide you with information on each type of give birth control condition. They can besides help you decide which type might work well for you. Speak with your partner and write down any questions you may have to discuss at your doctor ’ randomness appointment. No other birth control option protects against STIs, so using condoms is your best defense. No count what brand of condom you choose, using a condom is a smart decisiveness for your health .